It’s Wholeness, It’s Aspirational, It’s You
It’s the Sherborne WAY
OUR NEW JUNIOR SCHOOL
The newest school in our family of schools is the Junior School for children aged 4-11. It is a coeducational, small, caring school where children are taught the Sherborne WAY
We continue to provide a truly outstanding British education from Reception to Year 6.
Sign up for more information
Please register your interest in a tour or to apply for a place and an assessment.
LOCATION: BANI HAJER, DOHA
We bring together our moral values and learning dispositions, with a refreshed, vibrant and modern take on the English National Curriculum from Reception to Year 6.
The Sherborne WAY is the perfect model for retaining the highest academic standards, but also providing a tailor-made curriculum that suits and meets your child’s individual ability, without the loss of any academic rigour, challenging them a variety of ways which will have given them lifelong independence and confidence.
meet the Headmistresses
Currently the Headteacher of an independent day and boarding school in the UK, renowned for its top academic results and excellent pastoral care, Mrs Robertson-Barnett is delighted to be joining the Sherborne Qatar family of schools as the Head of Sherborne Qatar Junior School as its founding Headteacher.
A graduate of Oxford University in English Language and Literature, she is committed to creating educational opportunities which encourage pupils to become their best selves by developing a passion for learning through the joy of discovery. For her, The Sherborne Way encapsulates this with its focus on values led education and empirical learning in a happy, stimulating environment.
Mrs Robertson-Barnett has held posts in London, China and Hong Kong and was previously the Head of Performing Arts at a major Scottish day and boarding school, producing the stars of tomorrow through her commitment to providing opportunities for all to experience and explore the wonders of music, drama and dance. Mrs Robertson-Barnett firmly believes that education is a lifelong adventure best shared through service to others.
• Pupils will be members of a small, caring, school
• Dedicated and talented British trained staff
• Small class sizes:
• Age appropriate facilities and resources
• A strong pastoral team ensuring all pupils are known as individuals and nurturing them on their educational journey
• Opportunities for pupils to take responsibility and develop leadership skills
• A Library with age appropriate books and resources
• 2 Science Labs, IT labs, a Robotics Room
• Specialist Art and Music Rooms
• An auditorium / theatre
• A large sports hall and floodlit AstroTurf sports pitch
• Plenty of suitable indoor and outdoor play spaces.